Saint Gregory the Great Church has served the north side of Chicago since 1904, when the Luxembourgers of the neighborhood petitioned for the creation of a new parish. Since its inception, St. Gregory's has welcomed generations of immigrants and a variety of ethnic groups. Nestled in the exciting and creative neighborhood of Andersonville/Edgewater, St. Gregory's is currently the spiritual home to a remarkably diverse and inclusive parish population. Our parishioners constitute a vibrant and growing Catholic community that worships in one of Chicago's most exquisitely picturesque churches. As St. Gregory’s continues to grow, we look forward to expanding our ministries, organizations, and activities to better serve the mission that Christ has entrusted to us.
We hope you enjoy exploring our website. Better yet, please visit our beautiful church and join us in worship.
St. Gregory the Great is a Catholic Church made up of people of many different ages, talents, and cultural backgrounds. We are an urban faith community with a small town feel of welcome and hospitality. Motivated by our baptismal calling, we accept our duty to embody the presence of Jesus Christ in the world and to take up the mission he entrusted to us by our word and example. We glorify God through support and service of our time, talent, and treasure to our church and to the larger community in which we live.
Guided by the Holy Spirit we are committed to:
- Celebrating and sharing God's goodness by providing beautiful experiences of prayer and worship
- Providing opportunities for people to grow in their faith, hope, and love
- Extending the healing of Christ into the lives of all people so that they may come to know and share in the love Christ has for our world
- Offering opportunities for fellowship, hospitality, and service
- Evangelizing (spreading) the Good News of Jesus Christ through experiences of the fine arts
PAINTED BY: JOSEPH MALHAM